At Roanoke Animal Hospital, the health and well-being of your pet and family are our top priority.
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we have taken measures to reduce potential exposure to our clients, patients, and team members. The information below outlines what you can expect when visiting our hospital:
- When interacting with our staff, we ask that you please wear a mask at all times and maintain a social distance of 6 feet.
- Clients will not be permitted inside our hospital. Instead, we ask that you call us on your cell phone at 540-343-8021 when you are in our parking lot.
- If you are simply picking up medication or prescription food, an assistant will bring these to your car along with the invoice. You may write a check, pay in cash, or you may pay over the phone by providing your credit card information.
- If your pet is with you for an examination or is being dropped off for surgery/dentistry, our assistant will bring your pet into our hospital. For safety reasons, we ask that your cats be in a secure cat carrier. Your dogs will be “double leashed” with our leashes so that they cannot slip out of your collar/leash (which does happen!)
- The doctor will communicate with you via phone following the visit or surgery/dentistry.
- If the pet for which you are requesting medical attention has been in a home with a person with (or suspected of having) COVID-19, or if you are feeling ill or have recently traveled, please inform us when you call for an appointment. We will determine if the pet’s exam can be conducted via telemedicine, or if indeed, needs to be seen by a doctor. If your pet needs to come in to be seen, please try to arrange for another person to bring your pet to the hospital.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate these challenging times and keep everyone safe and healthy!
For new clients, our “New Patient” form is available online here for your convenience. We recommend completing this prior to your pet’s scheduled appointment to help streamline our check-in process.
We also offer a variety of payment options: click here to learn more information.
If you have any questions, please call 540-343-8021.